Deposit Anywhere Terms and Conditions
Deposit Anywhere is designed to allow you to make deposits of original checks (checks) to your Personal or Business Accounts remotely by scanning the checks and delivering the images and associated deposit information to First National Community Bank (FNCB) with your mobile device.
Charges of Service
There is no fee for using Deposit Anywhere.
FNCB has limits on the dollar amount and the number of checks that you can deposit using Deposit Anywhere. We reserve the right to change the default limits on an individual basis.
The default limits are:
- 5 checks per day or a total daily amount maximum of $1500.00.
- 10 checks per month or a total monthly amount maximum of $3000.00
You agree to scan and deposit only checks. You agree to NOT use Deposit Anywhere to deposit:
- Checks payable to someone other than you.
- Checks payable to you and another party who is not a joint owner of the account.
- Checks containing evidence of alteration to any of the fields on the front of the check.
- Checks that you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn.
- Checks that were previously converted to a substitute check.
- Checks that were previously deposited but returned unpaid.
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States or not payable in United States currency.
- Checks that are stale dated.
Each image must provide all information on the front and back of the original check at the time presented to you by the drawer including but not limited to information about the drawer and the paying bank that is preprinted on the original check, MICR information, signature(s), any required identification written on the front of the original check. The image quality must meet the standards established by the American National Standards Institute, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, and any other regulatory agency, clearing house or association.
Endorsements must be made on the back of the check. Your endorsement must include your signature and “for mobile deposit”.
Receipt of Deposit
- When we receive an image for deposit, you will receive an email confirmation of approval. We shall not be deemed to have received the image for deposit until we have confirmed receipt to you. FNCB is not responsible for images we did not receive.
- FNCB reserves the right to reject any image deposited by Deposit Anywhere. You will receive an email notification of your rejected image.
Availability of Funds
You agree that checks deposited by Deposit Anywhere are subject to the funds availability requirements of Funds Availability Policy, Regulation CC. Funds may not be available for immediate withdrawal. Deposits you submit and receive confirmation for before 6:00 PM CT on a business day that we are open will be credited to your account that same business day. Every day is a business day, except Saturday, Sunday, and Federal holidays.
Disposal of Transmitted Checks
Upon receipt of confirmation that we have approved your check, you must securely store the original check for 14 calendar days after transmission to us. Upon our request from time to time, you will deliver to us within 7 calendar days, at your expense, the requested original check in your possession. If not provided in a timely manner, such amount will be reversed from your account. You agree that you will never re-present the original check. You understand that you are responsible if anyone is asked to make a payment based on an original check that has already been paid.
After 14 calendar days, you agree to:
- Mark the front of the check “VOID”.
- Properly destroy the check so that it cannot be presented for payment again.
You warrant to FNCB that:
- All images and information you provide to FNCB is true and accurate;
- There are no duplicate images of the original check;
- You will not transfer or re-deposit the original check;
- You have possession of the original check and no party will submit the original check for payment;
- You will abide by the items included in the Eligible Items of this agreement.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless FNCB from any loss for breach of the warranty provision.
Deposit Anywhere Unavailability
Deposit Anywhere may be unavailable temporarily due to system maintenance or technical difficulties, including those of the Internet service provider, cellular service provider and Internet software. In the event Deposit Anywhere is unavailable, you may deposit the original check at our offices.
Compliance with Law
You will use Deposit Anywhere for lawful purposes and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. You warrant that you will only transmit acceptable items for deposit and have handled the original items in accordance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Acceptance of Terms
Your use of Deposit Anywhere constitutes acceptance of this Agreement. This Agreement is subject to change from time to time. Continued use of Deposit Anywhere will indicate your acceptance of the revised Agreement.
Termination of Service
FNCB reserves the right to terminate the use of Deposit Anywhere at any time.